Skip to main content

209: when what used to work doesn’t anymore

209: when what used to work doesn’t anymore

Hi friends!

I’m finally back with a new podcast episode and apparently I had a lot to say.

This one is part honest life update, part behind-the-scenes business plot twist, and part “ok, what am I doing next?”

Listen to the episode:

Listen on Apple Podcasts

Listen on Spotify

After almost 18 years of building this business, the version that had worked for a very long time suddenly wasn’t working the same way anymore. Losing a major income stream I had built on someone else’s platform sent me into a full identity crisis and forced me to ask some uncomfortable questions.

What do you do when the thing you know how to do – and have done successfully for years – stops working?

Who are you when an old version of your business, career, health, or life no longer fits, but the next version isn’t completely clear yet?

In this episode, I’m sharing what has been happening behind the scenes, what this season has taught me, and why I’m going all in on helping women over 40 understand what’s happening in their bodies and feel like themselves again.

We chat about:

  • The identity crisis that happened when something I had built for 18 years stopped working the way it used to
  • What losing ShopMy forced me to face about building a business on platforms you don’t own
  • Why I’m focusing more than ever on the things I do own: my expertise, website, email list, content, and relationships with all of you
  • My own health journey—including the eye flares, rashes, joint pain, exhaustion, histamine issues, and positive autoimmune markers that completely changed the way I approach health
  • Why treating every symptom like a separate problem kept me stuck
  • The moment I realized that functional health wasn’t going to remain a side note in my business
  • My new signature health coaching program, SPARK, which is officially launching October 14th
  • Who SPARK is designed to help and why I created it specifically for the woman who is still getting everything done but knows it should not feel this hard to live in her body
  • What I’ve learned about burnout, reinvention, and making decisions when you absolutely do not have the next 20 years mapped out
  • Why you don’t need to know exactly where the new path leads—you just need to identify the next right step

I wish I could wrap this up by telling you I know exactly what the next chapter looks like, but I don’t. I’m still figuring it out as I go.

What I do know is that I feel more excited and hopeful than I did a few months ago. I have a direction again, even if I can’t see the entire path or exactly where it’s headed yet.

If you’re in one of those weird in-between seasons too, I hope this episode makes you feel a little less alone.

I’m also sharing more about SPARK, my new four-month health coaching program for women who feel exhausted, inflamed, foggy, stuck, or just not like themselves anymore.

SPARK is for the woman with a running list of symptoms that have all been treated like separate annoyances, even though she has a feeling they may be connected. We look at the full picture, use testing thoughtfully, figure out what deserves attention first, and build a plan she can actually follow in her real life.

If you’re listening and thinking, “This sounds like me,” send me an email at gina@fitnessista.com with SPARK in the subject line. You can also DM me on Instagram and tell me what you’ve been struggling with.

Thank you for being here through every weird pivot, plot twist, and version of this business. Some of you have been here since the very beginning and it genuinely means the world to me. I’m so grateful for you and excited about where this next chapter is going.

xo

Make sure you’re subscribed to my newsletter.

For my free Autoimmune Healing ebook, click here.

Detailed show notes are available at fitnessista.com/podcast.

Partners

Check out We Feed Raw! Maisey goes crazy for this. I use it as a topper for her kibble or mix it into her pup loaf. You can try the raw version or the raw dehydrated kibble, and they’ll help you customize a plan for your pup. Use FITNESSISTA40 for 40% off your Meal Plan Starter Box here.

Check out my new favorite red light device here, and use the code FITNESSISTA for a huge discount.

If any of my fellow health professional friends are looking for another way to help their clients, I highly recommend IHP. You can also use this information to heal yourself and then go on to help others, which I think is a beautiful mission.

You can absolutely join if you don’t currently work in the health or fitness industry; many IHPs don’t begin on this path. They’re people who are passionate about learning more about health and wellness and want to share this information with those they love. You can do this as a passion or start an entirely new career.

You can use my referral link here and the code FITNESSISTA for up to $250 off the Integrative Health Practitioner program. I highly recommend it!

Thank you so much for listening and for all of your support with the podcast! Please be sure to subscribe and leave a rating or review if you enjoyed this episode.

If you leave a rating, head to this page and you’ll get a little thank-you gift from me to you.

The post 209: when what used to work doesn’t anymore appeared first on The Fitnessista.

https://ift.tt/XcRkfvi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discover The World’s Smallest “Mountain” – The Mount Paltry

Discover The World’s Smallest “Mountain” – The Mount Paltry Move over Everest, there’s a new headline-grabber in town and it’s barely taller than you are. Mount Paltry has exploded on social media as the world’s smallest mountain , a tiny bump in Australia that has become internet-famous precisely because it looks… well, not very mountain-like at all. In a world obsessed with extreme hikes and record-breaking peaks, this modest mound has captured global attention by doing the exact opposite: being proudly underwhelming. Where on Earth Is Mount Paltry? Mount Paltry is described in viral posts as a miniature mountain in Australia, rising only a few metres above the surrounding land. It’s usually shown as a small, rounded rise in an otherwise flat landscape the kind of bump you might expect to call a hill, or even “just a bit of ground,” rather than a mountain. That’s exactly why people love it: the contrast between the dramatic title “world’s smallest mountain” and the very ordinar...

Sculpt Society Review

Sculpt Society Review Sharing my thoughts on Sculpt Society and if I’d recommend this workout! For today’s post, I’m excited to share an updated review on one of my all-time favorite workouts! I was ad-targeted for this one forever, and since I always love trying new body workouts and absolutely love dance cardio, I figured I’d give it a whirl about a year ago. This workout program was founded by Megan Roup ( you can check out her Instagram here ) and I’ll share a full review below. Heads up that this review isn’t sponsored; I signed up for a 7-day free trial and am still a paying happy member over a year later. I’ve tried a lottttt of fitness apps in my routine and am always pumped when I find a winner. You can use my referral link to get a 7-day trial plus one month free on the fitness app! Sculpt Society Review What Is Sculpt Society? As I mentioned above, Sculpt Society was created by celebrity trainer Megan Roup and is a blend of dance cardio, barre, Pilates, and traditiona...

Glamorous Plus-Size Wedding Guest Dresses in Beautiful Styles

Glamorous Plus-Size Wedding Guest Dresses in Beautiful Styles Did you know that over 67% of women in the U.S. wear a size 14 or larger? Yet, despite the demand, the fashion industry has been slow to provide elegant, well-fitting, and on-trend plus- size wedding guest dresses. Many women face limited choices, ill-fitting designs, and outdated silhouettes that fail to highlight their curves. Shopping for the perfect dress can feel like navigating a minefield either the options lack style, the fit is off, or the available dresses don’t align with the formality of the event. For years, plus-size women have been told to “hide” their curves instead of celebrating them. Traditional formalwear often lacks the structure, comfort, or aesthetic appeal needed to make plus-size wedding guests feel just as glamorous as their straight-size counterparts. The frustration of sifting through uninspiring racks, struggling with restrictive fabrics, or settling for ill- proportioned designs is all too fami...